Date posted 06/23/2022 Job ID 37411BR Company General Atomics Experience Level Mid-Level (3-7 years) Job Title Quality Engineer City San Diego State California Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Salary
Job Summary General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
Develops, modifies, coordinates and documents the implementation, evaluation, and maintenance of SAP quality notifications. Provides guidance in interpreting and adapting quality standards and government regulations. Interacts with engineering and manufacturing to ensure quality notifications are processed correctly. Works on problems where analysis of data requires a review of identifiable factors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes nonconforming material processes for changes and enhancements.
- Creates or recommends manufacturing process changes to improve products and reduce costs by analyzing nonconforming material trend data.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Implements solutions to complex problems occurring internally and at vendor facilities.
- Prepares statistical analysis reports, specifications and other technical documents.
- Interprets and adapts quality standards and government regulations.
- May perform incoming material/part inspection. May generate nonconformance, material rejections and corrective action reports, as well as communicating final acceptance test reports with customers. May also generate and maintain files of all quality and as-built information for each product.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or related discipline and two or more years of related experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be able to apply a basic understanding of inspection methods and have a basic knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Experience with SAP Quality Notification transactions a plus.
- Must have the analytical ability required to develop solutions to routine and non-routine quality issues and the skills required to present those solutions to internal contacts.
- Must be detail-oriented to accurately prepare statistical reports and technical documents in support of company objectives.
- Must have good leadership skills to ensure project costs and schedules are maintained. Able to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required 0 - 25 Relocation Assistance Provided Not Provided US Citizenship Required? Yes Clearance Required?