Job Area:Legal Group, Legal Group > Government Affairs
General SummaryGENERAL SUMMARY:
Develop, manage, and support programs, projects, and initiatives related to government affairs’ cybersecurity and emerging technologies portfolios. Works with government bodies, associations, and related institutions to understand and influence practices, policies, laws, and regulations in the U.S., China and globally. Works internally and externally to advocate and showcase Qualcomm's business model, technology, and positions to shape policy, regulatory, and public issues and create business opportunities.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Works independently with little supervision
• Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information relating to cybersecurity and emerging technology policies.
• Substantial creativity is needed to innovate new advocacy work and to achieve established objectives.
• Deductive and inductive problem solving is required; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
• Works well in a cross cultural team environment
Regularly participates in strategic planning regarding policy work.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Applies expert knowledge of government and related institutions (e.g., structure, practices, policies, laws, regulations) to develop, execute, and manage programs and initiatives relating to cybersecurity and emerging technologies.
• Identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders from government and related institutions.
• Networks within Qualcomm in the US and globally as well as contacts outside of Qualcomm to gain insight, ideas, and connections.
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, integrate, and/or execute large initiatives relating to cybersecurity and emerging technologies.
• Leverages deep technical expertise to identify trends and define future solutions by contributing to short- and long-term strategic discussions.
• Oversees research and analytical efforts on policies, regulations, laws, or other relevant issues and utilizes reports to manage a program, initiative, or portfolio.
• Develops budget for one or more programs, initiatives, or portfolios and oversees spending.
• Reviews assigned projects and determines the associated work that needs to be conducted in order to address these project deadlines and assigns projects throughout the team accordingly.
• Re-scopes high-level team priorities to determine what input is needed from the team, identify resources, and determines how to respond in the most productive manner based on own team's bandwidth.
• Makes decisions that have implications across sites as well as global implications. Decisions reflect broad knowledge of functional areas and strategies.
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Education:Bachelors - Business, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Government Affairs, Bachelors - legal-related field (e.g., Law, Legal Studies, etc.), Bachelors - Political Science, Bachelors - Public Affairs, Bachelors - Public Policy
Work Experiences:5+ years Government Affairs, Communications, Industry Associations, or related work experience.
Work Experiences:4+ years in a leadership role with or without direct reports (only applies to positions with direct reports). ,3+ years working with operating budgets, resources, and/or project financials. ,3+ years experience working in or with a large multinational organization. ,Business fluent in English. ,7+ years Government Affairs, Communications, Industry Associations, or related work experience.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.