At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team supporting the Communications Department where you will be making a difference in our patient experience as a PBX Operator. This PBX Operator position is within our Communications department, located at our Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla campus. You will experience the pride and support of being a member of an outstanding team, where we share a culture of providing excellent care to our patients and each other.
The duties of the PBX Operator include:
- Answers calls and routine inquiries, routing to intended destination.
- Appropriately responds to and documents emergency situations, per policy and guidelines.
- Acts as a part of a team, including training new employees. Pages physicians, security or employees as appropriate via radio, pagers, computer, or over-head PA system.
- Follows all documentation procedures.
- Completes additional task such as sorting and mailing messages during downtime, delivering messages to physician offices and completing and distributing daily sheets.
This is a casual (per diem) position located at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.