We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, big thinker for a confidential new initiative within Alexa.
Amazon’s Alexa cloud service and Echo devices are used every day, by people you know, in and about their homes. This customer-facing program will help them get the most from their Alexa enabled devices.
A successful candidate is a strong advocate for quality on a cross-functional team focused on user engagement of experiences on Alexa. This position will involve developing test strategy, creating test plans, leading test execution effort, effectively communicating test results, finding and tracking bugs to resolution.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 1+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- 1+ Experience in automating test cases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems.
- Proven experience defining and pioneering an effective quality assurance process
- Experience with testing high scale high availability web services
- Experience with Selenium or other Web UI automation frameworks
- Experience testing applications for mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Understanding of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile software development, use of software IDEs, use of source control management
- Experience pioneering quality initiatives for a sizable engineering organization
- Experience with testing methodologies (Unit, Scrum) in an agile application development environment
- Experience in developing and implementing quality test suites, test plans, and test cases
- Experience with code coverage, profiling, and performance/load testing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.