Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Gaming Engineering
General SummaryQualcomm's Gaming group is seeking an experienced engineer to implement the latest gaming AI solutions contributing to the best-in-class gaming experiences for the Snapdragon chipset.
The focus of the role will be on developing novel gaming AI solutions, and adapting traditional AI techniques leveraging Snapdragon’s dedicated AI hardware. The position is cross functional working closely with multiple hardware, software, and product teams on a variety of different Snapdragon powered devices. This is a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge hardware, and contribute to the future of high performance, always connected mobile and PC gaming.
At the heart of the Qualcomm Gaming group, we are passionate about next generation gaming technologies and delivering exceptional gaming experiences. Our highly creative teams are full of veteran game developers, artists, game engine experts and graphics enthusiast who work on our latest GPU and gaming hardware innovations around mobile, PC, and XR.
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Comfortable working in large unfamiliar C/C++ codebases
- Experience developing source-level game AI features/optimizations
- Solid game AI and related mathematics background
- Foundational knowledge of machine learning models and training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with modern PC/console game engine architectures
- Experience with machine learning accelerators or GPU development, optimizing algorithms for hardware acceleration cores using CUDA, OpenCL, DSPs and/or ML specific cores.
- Physical Requirements
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both
Education:Bachelors - Computer Science, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Game Development, Bachelors - Mathematics
Work Experiences:1+ years of relevant Gaming Software experience.5+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience
Skills:3 D Rendering, Animation, Application Programming Interface (API), Programming Languages, Unity Game Development
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.