Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
Transporting scheduled passengers in a hospital vehicle to Sharp Healthcare facilities and/or Sharp physician offices.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association -REQUIRED
- Passenger Transportation Endorsement (P) - Various-Employee provides certificate -REQUIRED
- Basic First Aid (BFA) Certification - Various-Call issuing training center -REQUIRED
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A - CA Department of Motor Vehicles OR Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class B - CA Department of Motor Vehicles -REQUIRED
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior experience in transportation and working with people preferred.
Other Qualification Requirements
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association is required within 90 days of hire.
Demonstrates clean driving record in accordance with the requirements of the employer DMV pull notice program and Sharp HealthCare Driver Guidelines.
- Communication and teamwork
Consistently communicates with passengers in a positive and professional manner.
Distributes patient survey cards (50 required at annual evaluation)
Offers explanations and alternatives when delays are anticipated
Works collaboratively with all members of the team and ensures that communication is clear, accurate and professional
Maintains courteous and considerate relations with passengers, family members, physician office staff, and any other person who may need to be advised of patient transportation scheduling.
Offers praise in appreciation of the work of others
Accepts interpersonal differences and respects the values and opinions of others
Wear clean, pressed uniform and name badge
- Customer service
Attends staff meeting and driver training sessions
Uses effective skills in dealing with disabled and difficult passengers
Displays role model behavior which passengers can imitate.
Demonstrates assertive respectful behavior.
- Patient transport
Assists passengers door-to-door and in and out of vehicles using safety precautions
Assures that seat belts are always used
Properly loads and secures wheelchairs or other mobility devices
Assures there is no smoking or eating in vehicle
Functions effectively in stressful situations
Completes assigned route within designated time frame
Immediately reports any passenger issues or problems to dispatcher
Communicates daily with dispatchers regarding changes in schedule
Ensures ongoing communication with dispatchers by having pager and charged radio while on duty
Does not utilize cell phones while driving. Personal cell phones may only be used during scheduled breaks
- Vehicle maintenance
Performs pre-trip safety inspection on assigned vehicle
Completes daily vehicle maintenance and safety inspection report
Practices safe, defensive driving, with no at fault accidents, moving or parking violations or unsafe driving complaints
Immediately reports or corrects any mechanical problem with vehicle to dispatcher
Washes, cleans and fuels vehicle as needed
Consistently records mileage and other essential trip information
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of wheelchair equipment and securement.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class