Date posted 08/05/2022 Job ID 33524BR Company General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Experience Level Senior (8+ years) Job Title Production Planner City Poway State California Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is responsible for supporting one or more major project(s) through the planning, preparing, issuing and controlling of production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Oversees analysis reports and may provide direction to support staff.
- Assists in identifying planning needs; develops systems to accommodate task accomplishment.
- Monitors project milestones; provides project communication and reporting; and identifies and recommends resolutions to potential problems.
- Develop and consistently update and report Manufacturing Line of Balances.
- Advises management on critical work in progress, material availability and potential production problems. Keeps Supervisor and others aware of issues with quick briefings, email notifications and weekly reports.
- Control in incorporation of Engineering Change Orders and Quality Notices. Processes work orders and material transactions for non-conforming material dispositions.
- Utilizes Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Backward Scheduling, Forward Scheduling, Bottom-Up Scheduling and Rate Based planning techniques to plan an effective production schedule.
- Provides task leaders and project management with necessary information to be able to monitor task/project status and make informed decisions.
- Provides assistance to project and resource managers in identifying effects of task/project changes.
- Coordinates such activities as individual task detailed schedules, preparing, issuing, controlling and expediting work orders, integration of tasks in order to meet master schedule, expediting, and coordination with outside fabricators and processors.
- Responsible for performance measurement, task initiation system administration and subcontract cost and schedule performance tracking and analysis.
- Interfaces with operating and support groups (Program Office, Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, Finance, QA) to collect data for preparation of schedules and reports as well as providing status reports to internal and external contacts.
- Directs or coordinates the activities of other employees in the planning area. May participate in hiring, training and promoting employees.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Develops new systems to accommodate task accomplishment and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Travel Percentage Required 0 - 25 Relocation Assistance Provided Not Provided US Citizenship Required? Yes Clearance Required?
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning, Engineering, Production Control or a related discipline and ten or more years progressive experience in planning, scheduling, budgeting and performance measurement. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of manufacturing planning principles, theories, techniques and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to apply advanced planning tools and techniques; knowledge of government funds procedures and regulations; and ability to read, interpret and explain engineering drawings.
- Experience in Lean Methodology and Continuous Improvement Process.
- Must be customer focused and possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize, schedule, budget and coordinate work phases.
- Ability to determine the appropriate approach at the project level and provide innovative solutions to a range of complex technical problems.
- Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and external representatives and to accurately document, report and present.
- Ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of computer operations and applications of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.