Working Title: Work4Warriors Employment Support Associate (# of Position(s): 1)
Work Location: San Diego County / Chula Vista, CA
Job Type: Part-Time; 20-25 hrs per week (Monday - Friday) - Occasional Weekends & Special Events
Salary: $17 - $22 per hour (depending upon experience)
The Us for Warriors Foundation (or, "Us4Warriors") is an award-winning 501c3 non-profit charity made up of a dedicated team of public servants, volunteers, programs and services that support military, veterans and families in need. Us4Warriors promotes the social welfare of the military and veteran warrior community and operates under a set of targeted aims.
Through these aims, the tenants of the mission are to
- Help them live for a stronger life,
- Help them prosper for a brighter future, and
- Help them reach a point of self-reliance that allows them to aspire for their dreams.
For the Us4Warriors Team, everything we do supports the troops, veterans and their families.
With your help, we can continue and grow our efforts to help more in service of our mission. With your support, we can continue to accomplish our goal to empower veterans, past and present, to become self-reliant leaders with the tools to find a satisfying career and the opportunity to become valuable members of their community.
We all want to make a difference in the world. Here is an opportunity to advance desire into reality for the betterment of all who are served by the Us4Warriors mission.
Under general supervision, a Support Associate for Us4Warriors assists in planning, implementing and evaluating success for programs and services that support our military and veteran's community.
We’re currently searching for a dynamic teammate to join our ranks in the area of Employment Support and continue our tradition of success. The ideal candidate will have a sharp mind for support services and proven ability to strategize and administer program initiatives. As a key Us4Warriors team member, you will have the ability to use your talents for leading project coordination and team success. Through team-oriented efforts and mentorship opportunities, you will be able to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion.
The Work4Warriors Employment Support Associate will be responsible for planning, monitoring, overseeing and influencing a positive operational working environment, and organizing the growth and capacity building of the Work4Warriors Employment Program. As a member of the Us4Warriors “Warrior Workforce,” you will have the ability to participate in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies and standards applicable in the support of the Us4Warriors Mission.
DAILY AND MONTHLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct employment counseling via in-person and virtual opportunities to support clients.
- Analyze, evaluate and overcome program challenges with collaborative team efforts.
- Represent the organization as an Ambassador in the community; promote the organization through affiliation of organizationally approved, task forces, relevant workforce and economic development committees and municipal partnership groups within the community, to include engaging in digital, social and media opportunities through our internal media networks.
- Maintain an Employment Support Events and Activities calendar.
- Create and produce effective monitoring reports for organizational leadership.
- Establish strategic workforce development goals and plans; partnering directly with business, faculty, staff, and stakeholders to implement short and long-term goals.
- Develop and manage an appropriate evaluation and reporting process to determine program success and effectiveness; oversee the development of both community and business needs assessments to ensure alignment with business forecast and emerging skills requirements.
- Provide internal staff and external partners, such as, community colleges, vocational schools, local employers, workforce development agencies, government entities and community-based organizations with effective workforce program services to best serve the community.
- Build and maintain relationships with businesses, industry partners, government agencies, community organizations to ensure quality and relevance of our support services.
- Propose and coordinate program-related outreach opportunities, to include job fairs, workshops, and events that present organizational services and resources to the community.
- Manage an approved program budget including assisting with the development of budget proposals, justifying expenses and monitoring expenditures.
- Coordinate and support efforts to maintain program-related services and affiliated partnership “innovative edge” resources, such a soft skills academy affiliate service, a gamified training application service, a personal branding assessment and an online job board service.
- Continue to expand program capacity in partnership with external stakeholders to cultivate workforce development opportunities and programs to prepare transitioning active-duty military and veterans for employment, education and service opportunities.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent knowledge, skills, experience, and abilities in a related field are required, advanced studies are highly valued.
- 2 years of responsible administrative experience in the private or public sectors dealing with support case management and workforce development or a closely related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required. Experience with MS Team, Zoom, Slack preferred.
- Military & veteran cultural competency.
- Resources, programs and networks for transitioning military servicemembers and veterans.
- Federal, state, and local targeted business programs.
- Tactful and effective community outreach and communication techniques, including social media platform capabilities.
- Organizational and management practices and methods, including goal setting, program development and implementation.
- Personnel support supervision, team building, and budget management.
- Be a motivated, self-starter with drive, determination and a desire to excel.
- Build relationships and collaborate with staff, volunteers, community and external organizations with a team-oriented, growth mindset.
- Gather and synthesize information for reporting purposes.
- Develop and implement objectives, policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Direct and support subordinate staff and volunteers.
- Interpret and enforce administrative and operational policies, practices and procedures.
- Analyze and solve problems of a complex nature while maintaining standards.
- Analyze complex technical and administrative information, evaluate alternative solutions and present effective courses of action.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively in both oral, written and digital formats, to include speaking in large and small groups as well as clear and concise written reports, correspondence and occasional digital postings on social media platforms related directly to program fulfillment.
- Facilitate dialogue around a variety of issues with good consensus-building skills.
- Use personal computers, database software and adapt to learning emerging technologies.
- Work under deadlines and coordinate several concurrent assignments.
- Maintain task management and calendar software for individual and subordinate tasking.
- Support the development of learning content associated with program-related efforts.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties while promoting a team-oriented partnership.
- Prior Military Service
- Certification in Peer-to-Peer Support
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone.
- Bi-weekly pay.
- Holiday closures.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Mentoring opportunity to learn more about the non-profit community.
- Internal and external workforce training and development.
- Exposure to emerging, cutting-edge technologies.
- An inclusive and diverse, team-oriented work environment where every opinion matters.
- A rewarding experience uplifting the lives of many through program success.